foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Vietnam Cafe Takeout

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Vietnam Cafe Takeout

Before I headed out to G's monthly Javaflix, I had to get something to eat. Since I was in the neighborhood, I stopped by the newly open Vietnam Restaurant sister place, Vietnam Cafe, for some takeout. It was too hot for pho, and that never works out well as takeout anyway. A vermicelli bowl would have been too messy, so I settled for a broken rice plate with grilled lemon grass pork chops. It came with two really big pork chops. They were good, but a little on the bland side. It probably would have been a bit better if I was actually dining at the restaurant. You get a lot of food, so it makes up for the fact that it's not the most affordable vietnamese. Just like Vietnam, Vietnam Cafe is a bit on the pricier side. While I was waiting, I could see that the small place is doing quite brisk business. It's definitely a welcome addition to West Philly dining.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home