foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Chickie's & Pete's, Yo!

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Chickie's & Pete's, Yo!

I thought I'd get your attention with this photo. No, noone got murdered during the making of this blog post. Well, no human anyway. Just some innocent crabs. Oh, so by the way, we went to Chickie's & Pete's. I've been once before, to the original NE Philly location. We went to the big, huge, ginormous one by the stadium this time. I swear to you, this is one of the biggest restaurants I've ever seen in my life. It just kept going on and on and on.

A girley drink. Passion fruitini. Haha. I liked it.

We got some seafood chowder. It's a tomato based non-creamy chowder. It has all kinds of veggies, and a bunch of mussels and a shrimp. I quite liked this. It's quite a bit spicier than it looks. Dip the bread into this chowder. Delicious.
Yes, the world famous crab fries. These are fairly thinly sliced crinkle fries with seasoning on them. The thinness makes them sufficiently crunchy. And now, they come with two helpings of the cheese sauce. It's a nice and mild sauce, perfect for the spiced fries. I actually had my fill of fries and chowder and didn't even need to order any other food. It's quite a large basket of fries.

R got the snow crab legs. This is what gave her those crazy murder mitts. I got a bit of a taste of this, and yes sirree bob, I am a fan of their crabs. One nice touch is that they have these fancy sink troughs in the middle of the restaurant so you can wash off your crazy crab hands without even having to go to the bathroom.

Service here was fine. The girl was nice enough. And for such a ginormous place, the food comes out surprisingly fast. Because it's so big, it's very noisy. Plus, they have tons of tv's with sports playing. They also either have a dj or just pump dancey music. This isn't a place for romance people, it's for drinking and gorging on crabs and crab fries.

PS - I hereby introduce a new feature of the foodzings blog post: The PS. I talk about the bathroom. Yes, the bathroom. At Chickie's & Pete's, the ladies room is large. Loved the colorful tiles. See the sinks? They're crab pots. Adorable. Plenty of stalls and clean. They also have all kinds of hair crap for the ladies. Be forewarned though, if you partake of any of them, the bathroom attendant will tell you "you know you're supposed to pay for that". She obviously does not know the concept of tips.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home