foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: The Great Burger Taste-Off of 2008: Char-Lee's

Monday, June 2, 2008

The Great Burger Taste-Off of 2008: Char-Lee's

Char-Lee's finally opened a few weeks ago. I'd been driving past the location for... oh the past year, wondering what it was going to be. Then one day, it started actually becoming something. And finally, it opened. It's a burger joint from Exton, and now this is the Havertown location. I'd been waiting for it to open so long, maybe I built it up too much in my overactive food imagination.

They've got burgers and fries and shakes. Maybe some salads and chicken stuff too. The burger I got was simple, with one patty, fried onions, lettuce, and tomato. It comes on your standard run-of-the-mill bun. No brioch, no sesame seeds, no kaiser, no nothing. I found this burger to be quite underwhelming. In fact, the meat seemed to be a frozen patty. I've had much better burgers.

The fries were ok, but they were too thick. You can also get them as crab fries, and that would have probably helped a bit. Still, I wasn't too crazy about them. Ok, so it's not all bad. I had a shake! And it was good! If anything, it sort of redeemed the whole entire Char-Lee's experience for me. So it's unlikely that I'll be going back for food, but I'll certainly be back for another shake.

Oh yeah, and one more thing. If you go there, be sure to count your change. The dude that was helping me totally tried to screw me out of a dollar. As if I wouldn't know the difference between $9 and a $10 bill. Duh! He obviously doesn't know who he's dealing with!

Char-Lee's Burger & Fries
Corner of Eagle and Lawrence Roads
Havertown, PA

Labels:

4 Comments:

At May 23, 2009 at 8:50 PM , Anonymous k-lo said...

But what are their hours? It is 9:50 on a Saturday night, can I go RIGHT NOW?

Your post came up 2nd in my google search!

 
At June 26, 2009 at 7:47 PM , Anonymous Marc @ Burgatory.com said...

Great take on this place...have you been back? I have been reticent to post about it because every trip has been underwhelming. So much promise though.

 
At July 1, 2009 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Foodzings said...

nope, haven't been back! i pass it all the time and nothing draws me in...

 
At July 10, 2009 at 12:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this spot...people are nice...and burgers and MILKSHAKES are super...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home