foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Il Cantuccio

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Il Cantuccio

Il Cantuccio is a teensy little BYOB in Northern Liberties on 3rd. I'd passed by it dozens of times before but had never really wanted to go in (sounds like Pepperocini, eh?). I met some friends I hadn't seen in a long time there last week. Like I said, it's teeny tiny, so you definitely need reservations. That's the menu - one simple laminated sheet. You get complimentary bread. Loved the bread. It comes with two spreads, one was roasted red pepper and the other, a green mystery. We forgot to ask so I don't know what it was made of, but they were both awesome.
F got a house salad. This was the small, but it was still pretty big. All three of us shared it.
Z got the Sampdoriana, which was fusilli with shrimp and broccoli in a garlic sundried tomato sauce. This had a slightly strange taste. I attribute this to the sundried tomatoes, as I don't like sundried tomatoes. Z said it had a slight "asian" taste to it. I could see where he was coming from.
Both F and I got the fettucine pasta special. It came with shrimp and crab meat in a pink sauce. Totally great. I cleaned my darn plate. The service here was ok, nothing spectacular. There was one waitress waiting on the entire place. But that's ok here, like I said, it's very tiny, maybe 20 seats in the entire place? It's a nice little BYOB option in NoLibs.

Il Cantuccio
701 N 3rd St
Philadelphia, PA
215-627-6573

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home