foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Waiting At Puerto Alegre

Monday, July 13, 2009

Waiting At Puerto Alegre

For my last meal in San Francisco, we finally decided to go to Puerto Alegre, to see what all the fuss was about. It was fairly early for dinner on a Sunday so there was no wait! Which is apparently a rarity here. The decorations are kitsch. But I liked it. Especially the horrible wood panelling.
Laminated menus. We're talking high class here! Complimentary chips and salsa. The chips are fantabulous. Thin, crispy, and not at all greasy. The salsas... eh! The one on the right was more pico de gallo-esque, but with a bunch of tomato sauce. The one on the left was just strange. That one went mostly untouched.
They're apparently famous for the margaritas, so we got one. If famous = strong, then yes, they're very famous. Whoo! I felt like I was breathing fire for the rest of the day. Good though, but a bit strong for me. When I saw the couple next to us sharing a pitcher, I wondered who would puke first.
J got the two taco platter. Perfectly fine.
I wanted one enchilada in green sauce, but I was told I couldn't just get one. So I just got one red one instead. Also perfectly fine. Rice fine, beans pretty ok. I like the shredded lettuce salad with russian-like dressing. It was a nice bit of veg.

Service was ok. Our waiter was... puzzling. He was like a little cartoon character. And had questionable hair. The food was ok, but nothing to wait hours for! So it must be the beyond strong margaritas that's the draw. And that it's brimming with hipsters. Prices are quite reasonable too! Bye bye SF! Until next time...

Puerto Alegre
546 Valencia St
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 255-8201

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home