foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Mexican In The Mission - Happy Hour Special

Friday, July 10, 2009

Mexican In The Mission - Happy Hour Special

You can't go 2 yards in the Mission without coming up on a Mexican restaurant. They're literally everywhere. So when J came down to the Mission the other night and wanted a burrito, we headed off to Puerto Alegre. Except as usual, there was a huge line at the place. Annoying. So we went down the block to El Toro, also on Valencia. It's a nice and bright cafeteria style type joint. You pick up your food, head over to the salsa bar, and then pick a seat and chow down.
I got a two taco combo (even though I only asked for one). It comes on a huge plate with rice and beans, guac, a side salad, and chips. That's tons of food. I got one pork and one beef. Good and good. The beans weren't as good as I'd hoped, but still pretty good. Like I said, they have a salsa bar, which is really one of my favorite parts of eating mexican food in general. And as usual, my trusty lime jarritos. For whatever reason, I was reaching for the jarritos instead of the sidral. The chips were really great, super crunchy and not greasy at all. I forget what kind of salsa I picked, but it was a smoky one. The burritos are huge. I did not partake of one but I enjoyed some vicariously through J and J.

El Toro is infamous for their weekday happy hour. From 3-5pm they have $1 tacos, $2 beers, and $1 agua frescas. Not too shabby in this economy! We didn't go during this crazy happy hour, but this is definitely good information to know. We had done some indoor climbing earlier in the day at Mission Cliffs, so we were tired and starving and scarfed all the food down right quick. Good food, good prices, friendly service, and the place is clean!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home