foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Bi-Rite And Dolores Park

Monday, July 13, 2009

Bi-Rite And Dolores Park

In the Mission there are two famous ice cream spots - Bi-Rite Creamery and Humphrey Slocombe. Bi-Rite is within a hop skip and a jump so we finally got to go there on Sunday. Humphrey Slocombe is on the other end of the Mission, and quite the walk away. I'd been wanting to go all during my visit, but honestly, it was never really ever hot enough! I told you it's cold and windy! I don't get motivated to stand in the cold wind to get ice cream and then freeze my buns off eating cold ass ice cream. On Sunday, it was super sunny and a bit on the warmer side, so I insisted we go!
Bi-Rite, the grocery part, is across the street. The creamery hand makes all the ice cream using local and organic ingredients, in small batches. They have your regular flavors, as well as some wilder ones.You can also take pints to go! And they have other snacks and little food item bits.
Ah, check it... melting in all of the sunny glory. Banana and coffee toffee ice creams. The banana is amazing. Like totally amazing. And the coffee is good too. But the toffee on the coffee? Oh. My. Gawd. I want to eat this crumbled toffee out of a bowl with a spoon. Unbelievable.
And while it was the middle of the day, we enjoyed the sunshine one last time in Dolores park. Ice cream, the muscat wine we'd picked up from Madonna Winery the weekend before, and a loaf of acme bread we got from the bi-rite. It was a perfectly lovely way to spend an early sunday afternoon. I don't know what the open container laws are in SF, but they've got to be loose! I mean I know this isn't vegas... but everyone is boozing it up in Dolores Park, and not on the down low either. Whatever it is, I love it!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home