foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Pastaimprovization

Friday, February 20, 2009

Pastaimprovization

I really wanted some pasta the other night. It was a serious craving. So I decided to just throw together a giant vat of pasta so I could eat it for days. I had some bacon, so I took half of a small pack of bacon and chopped it up, along with half an onion. And I fried all this up together. No need to add oil, as the bacon has plenty of fat on its own to help cook the onions. I cooked this enough so that the bacon was thoroughly cooked, and on its way to being crunchy.
Then I dumped in a jar of already prepared vodka sauce and simmered this for awhile. And when I felt it was nearly done, I dumped in some frozen sweet peas. Once the peas were cooked through, I dumped the sauce over a giant pot of rigatoni that I had cooked and drained.
Mix it all together and you have a several-day supply of pasta that will make your tummy happy. The sauce is tangy and the bacon gives it a really nice smoky kick. And I just like peas and it adds a nice pop of color and veg, which always makes me think that I'm being healthy.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At February 28, 2009 at 2:20 PM , Blogger test it comm said...

I simple and tasty pasta!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home