foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Kirirom

Friday, February 6, 2009

Kirirom

When I read that there was a cambodian restaurant around, I had to try it. I wasn't sure what it would be like, but it had excellent reviews. It's tucked away in a tiny strip mall near the Lynnwood convention center. The place is pretty big, but it was pretty deserted that night.
I started off with the Phnom Phen soup. I'm not sure what the broth was, but it felt like a light seafood based pho. It had shrimp, squid, and fish cake. The fish cake tasted weird, so I skipped those. The squid was amazing and the shrimp was ok. The broth was slightly bland, so once I added a little sriracha to it, it was perfect. I wanted more when I was done!
I had to try one of their banh mi type sandwiches because it seems to be their specialty. I got one with beef. This was ok, I wasn't to crazy about it. They bake their bread, which was super crusty and amazing. Props for the homemade bread. But instead of the "pate" type stuff that's typically in these, it was slathered with mayo. It was just too much mayo. The meat was also a bit tough.

But overall, I enjoyed my time here. The soup was worth everything. Service was good and they were very friendly. Their menu is big and includes chinese dishes too, and there's pictures of everything so you can see what you're getting yourself into. And everything is super cheap! I encourage you to try it.

Kirirom Restaurant & Bakery
19417 36th Ave W
Lynnwood, WA 98036
(425) 672-7560

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home