foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Ta-Ke Sushi

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ta-Ke Sushi

After having some of the best sushi ever, I was hankering for some more. Which probably wasn't a good thing. Because I basically set myself up for disappointment. Any sushi after Guu is not going to be guud enough. But my cravings won out. After consulting my trusty yelp, I found a place right near my hotel - Ta-Ke Sushi. This is a hard place to find. It's in a shopping center, but in the most hiddenest place in the whole damn shopping center. I had to drive around several times to find it. It didn't help that their sign wasn't lit up either. Once I finally got there, it was fairly deserted. The whole time I was there, there were only two other parties dining. It was a shame, but it was a Tuesday night in Bothell. I sat at the bar to watch the chef at work. Started off with a salad. Loved it. I just got the sushi special. They have a bunch of goofy rolls, and I love me some funky sushi rolls, but I decided to go simple and just get a sampler instead. This was good sushi, but it wasn't great sushi, you know? And if I hadn't just eaten at Guu, it might have been great sushi. But I'm ruined. And so I only found it to be good. You can't blame a girl for having been ruined for life for any other sushi besides Guu. They had a dessert special that night - tempura cheesecake. No joke. It's a piece of cheesecake dipped in tempura batter and fried. And damn, if it wasn't delicious. I like cheesecake, so deep fry it? Yeah, it's even better. Everyone was super nice. My server was nice, the sushi chef was super nice, and the lady who prepared my tempura cheesecake was a sweetheart. It seemed like they were a family. It's an adorable little family run sushi joint. Please go!

Ta-Ke

Canyon Park Shopping Center
1427 228th St SE
Bothell, WA 98021
(425) 398-0953

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home