foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Yes, It's More Than Just Ice Cream

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Yes, It's More Than Just Ice Cream

Do you want to know how long it's been since I've been to More Than Just Ice Cream? I was trying to remember, and it's been so long, I didn't remember. It had to have been in the 90's. Seriously, it was that long ago. What I do remember is that I went for brunch and that it was good. A whole slew of us went one morning on a lovely day. With every brunch entree, you get a complimentary mimosa. How can you not love that? There's tons to choose from and you get plenty of food. The french toast, topped with apples and served with a side of canadian bacon. This was an impressive dish. The chicken salad sandwich, with heaping mounds of chicken salad, a side of greens, some cantaloupe, and a pickle. J enjoyed this sandwich quite a bit. I was a bit jealous of it. The last time I was here I had gotten the eggs benedict. I wasn't going to mess with this. Once again, it was quite delicious. Canadian bacon on english muffins, topped with poached eggs and hollandaise. It was served with a healthy helping of home fries. It's good to know that dish was still good here. For those that had room, some ice cream was also had. I was stuffed, so I had to pass. 

Service was ok. They were just a bit slow. And it wasn't super crowded or anything, so there was no excuse for it. He was nice though, and we weren't in a hurry or anything, so it wasn't the hugest deal. We were just real hungry, is all. The mimosa is a nice touch though. Takes your mind off the fact that you're waiting quite a bit. 

More Than Just Ice Cream 
1119 Locust St 
Philadelphia, PA 19107
215-574-0586

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home