foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Terrible National Park Eats

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Terrible National Park Eats

I spent the day driving around on the Olympic peninsula, home of Olympic National Park. Ok, so I didn't have the best day... for so many different reasons. Olympic is nice, but man, I've never been to a national park that was not enclosed before. It was just not visitor friendly and you have to drive in and out, and not to mention lack of signage. Within the park, there's essentially nothing to eat. So be forewarned, eat before you start driving all up in it, or bring food with you. This Hard Rain Cafe place, right on the outskirts of one of the entrances of the park, did have some hot food. So I ordered a burger. It was gross. But since I was absolutely starving, I ate this "meat" patty anyway. Seriously folks, it had tons of potential. The roll was big and great. But what passed as meat wasn't really meat. It was a thin imitation of real food. Do you remember food from school days? The "grade D but edible" stuff they would feed you in the school cafeteria? Well, this meat was worse than that. Something that you'll see a lot of in the Seattle area, or maybe just in the pacific northwest, is teriyaki joints. So once I got off the peninsula and headed back to Tacoma, I grabbed some food in the city of Olympia. Let me tell you something about Washington state outside of the big city. There isn't much to eat. If fast food isn't your thing, the pickins are slim. That's why I ended up at Paul's Burger Teriyaki. I drove around for a good 20 minutes looking for any other options, but found zilcho. So I guess this place sells teriyaki, along with burgers. I wanted tons of food, so I went with the shrimp and chicken combo. The teriyaki sauce was way too sweet. It was basically precooked meat, and then they threw uber sweet sauce on top. The shrimp was weird too. Cold. But the chicken wasn't bad, even if the sauce was way too sweet. Rice good, salad good, the adorable little korean people who ran the place good. I was pretty much as starving as I was earlier in the day, so I inhaled it.

Paul's Burger & Teriyaki
3959 Martin Way East
Olympia, WA
360-455-3328

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home