foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Sushi Go Round

Monday, September 22, 2008

Sushi Go Round

So after getting some beers at Oktoberfest and roaming around at the Fremont Sunday Market, we needed some sustenance, and ended up at Blue C Sushi on the main strip. It's a conveyor belt sushi place. And actually, the last time I ate at one of these was Brazil. And the place we used to go in Brazil was some of the best sushi I'd ever had in my life. But I didn't have such high hopes for this joint.
One of the things I got was a lobster roll. I think it's imitation lobster, breaded and deep fried, and then rolled up with some standard sushi fare. It was ok. I also had a fried tofu roll which was also ok. The tofu was a little too hard and chewy.
In general, all the food was mediocre, at best. I also ordered yakisoba, and they just kept not giving it to me. It doesn't come on the conveyor, so it was a special order. The waitress kept coming by and saying did you get it yet, and I kept saying no. And I kept not getting it. And then eventually, it did end up on the conveyor, miraculously, but once I tried it, it was bad. It was cold, which was ironic, since it was on the conveyor specially placed on one of the hot stands. So terrible. So greasy. Such a waste of my time.
But luckily for this restauranat, the entire meal was salvaged by the V8 roll. Both A and I thought that everything was pretty blah, except for this amazing roll. What's in this? Deep fried green beans, cucumber, and something that's like a carrot, but not exactly a carrot (I forget exactly). Topped with avocado and pico de gallo, and served with a spicy sauce. Seriously folks, I should have just ordered 3 of these. And if I had to go back to this place, that's exactly what I'd do. One of the best rolls I've ever had in my life.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home