foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: The Other Side of the Country

Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Other Side of the Country

Hey suckas, I'm on vacation in the pacific northwest. First stop Seattle, then off to Portland. My dunkin donuts airport breakfast treats. I figure I'm going to Seattle, so I best start drinking some coffee. Don't worry, I still can't do caffeine, so it's decaf.
My first impressions of Seattle...

Airport - new, clean, swanky, but not snooty. Granite everywhere. Food selections are unbelievable. They have a huge food court with tons of tables and glass everywhere. I'm so jealous. SEATAC makes PHL even lamer than it already is.

Driving - you can't make left turns here very often. It disappoints me. They don't have nearly enough street signs so it's hard to know where the hell you are. Everyone's wheels squeal because it's wet all the time. Traffic on the highway on a Saturday afternoon... reminds me of 76. Tons of one way streets and two ways that suddenly become one ways without much warning... slightly irritating. More hilly than I thought it would be.

Drink - coffee shops literally on every corner. Tons of beer places.

And no smoking indoors! :-)

4 Comments:

At September 22, 2008 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

more pictures!

 
At September 23, 2008 at 10:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, check out www.behindtheburner.com and sign up for email updates. It's going to offer tips,tricks, and techniques on recipes from NYC's top chefs.

 
At September 23, 2008 at 11:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

decaf! come on... Buy the ticket, take the ride!

 
At September 24, 2008 at 10:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey don't forgot all the No Parking signs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home