foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Drinks and Wi Fi

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Drinks and Wi Fi

We explored another Seattle neighborhood called Capitol Hill. After walking around in the rain (of course), we wanted to go to a coffee shop (which pretty much exist on every corner) and stopped in Liberty. Well, we thought it was a coffee shop, as it had wi-fi and couches. It turned out to be a bar that serves sushi. They also serve coffee during the day.
I really liked the vibe of this place. It was comfy, not snooty, and had luxurious couches. But I couldn't figure out how this place makes money. There aren't enough seats to pack em in, nor is it big enough to pack em in either. I wasn't about to try the sushi either. It was being made by some weird looking white hipster all the way in the back. While we were there, which was in the middle of the day, there were only a handful of people there, all on their laptops. We'd never seen so many people at a bar staring into their computers. It was a bit weird.
We did partake in some beverages. A had a hoegaarden. There was no orange slice in it. That was disappointing. I had one of their special cocktails, the lady liberty. It was made with vanilla vodka, guava nectar, and blood orange puree. While it smelled delicious, it tasted like straight up booze. It took me awhile to drink it. And it tasted better as I drank along.

The service was great. She brought me water without me even asking. It was like she knew! And she gave us happy hour prices so it only ended up being $10. Score! The bartender was nice too. If they had a place like this in philly, I'd totally hang out here. But it would probably last like a month just because I don't see it pulling in any dough.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home