foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Breakfast at Mother's

Friday, September 26, 2008

Breakfast at Mother's

For my first full day in Portland, I had to fuel up. Heading into downtown, I happened upon Mother's, which I'd read about a little bit online. It's kind of a fancy place, but not snooty. Fresh flowers, chandeliers, velvety wallpaper and what not, but it wasn't stuffy, it just felt warm.
Yours truly sitting at the bar. Representin', wearing my green "Philthy" shirt.Ok, so what did I eat? Well, it looks absolutely disgusting in the picture, but this is supposed to be biscuits and gravy. Sausage gravy, that is. With some over hard eggs. It was tasty, not good for you (but who cares), and it was so much food I only ate 1 1/2 biscuits. Service was a bit slow, but for a weekday fairly late in the morning, there were lots of people there. Plus, the bartender asked me if I was even 21. Ha!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 19, 2008 at 9:09 AM , Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Such a gorgeous restaurant!! Too bad about the slow service though :0(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home