foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Heisler's!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Heisler's!

So there isn't exactly too much to do around Lake Hauto. The nearest town is Tamaqua. And don't even get me started on it. But Tamaqua does have Heisler's. It's a dairy, and at Heisler's Cloverleaf Dairy, they sling ice cream and shakes, hot food at the Dairy Bar, and also have miniature golf, a waffle shop, and a bizarre gift shop. It's kind of random, but it was one of the highlights of the trip. And around here, people come from miles around to Heisler's.
The waffle shop was closed that day. Which was a bit of a bummer. I would have totally checked it out. You can get their ice cream and take it home with you! A got a chocolate peanut butter cone. Can you see the miniature golf in the background? I had a banana milkshake. You don't have very many choices when it comes to shakes here: vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, banana, and maybe one more that I forget. They have tons of flavors of ice cream, but they only make shakes from the soft serve. Strange. They should do something about that. But the banana shake? Awesome. So I can't complain too much.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At June 25, 2008 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Amy Williams said...

Never in my life did I think I would see you post about Heisler's I spent my High School summers working there. Oh, yeah, I was just that fortunate to grow up in Tamaqua!

 
At June 25, 2008 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Amy Williams said...

Never in my life did I think I would see you post about Heisler's I spent my High School summers working there. Oh, yeah, I was just that fortunate to grow up in Tamaqua!

 
At August 21, 2008 at 8:12 PM , Blogger The Nibbling Quibbler said...

I was hoping you'd expand on the "bizarre gift shop." I grew up around there, too, and always thought it seemed out of place, with weird opening hours, and owned and managed by people separate fro Heisler's ...but the pizza is somehow tasty and became a craving of mine, despite being on a frozen crust of some kind...

you brought back some memories...thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home