foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: I Want to Live at McNally's

Monday, April 28, 2008

I Want to Live at McNally's

You already know I love McNally's. I mean, I raved it about my last and first time there, and this time isn't gonna be any different. We got there pretty early, it was about half full, and got a table right near the door to the basement. That door leads to the bathroom. A little scary going down into the scary silence of the lambs basement to hit the can. But not a big deal. Our waitress was amazingly nice and about the sweetest thing ever. She quickly took our drink orders and brought us out a couple of nice, cold pints.


E got a cup of the soup of the day, chicken corn chowder. A pretty hefty looking cup of soup if you ask me.


I don't have time to mess around with soups at McNally's, it's all about the sandwiches and you know it. E got the Schmitter. This time, I got the Tobias. The Tobias is basically a Schmitter, only with added fried pepperoni slices. What's better than a Schmitter? Oh, you know, the Tobias. It was perfection really.

What was even more perfect was that we were just hanging out, eating slowly, drinking some beers, and talking, and people were coming in and out. All of a sudden, we're the last people there, but they didn't kick us out. They just let us hang out. I was wondering when they closed, but I didn't ask. I just figured they'd kick us out. But no. Eventually, we decided to bolt, and we asked them when they closed. They said on Sundays they close at 8. It was 9! Who could not be totally in love with a place that just lets you hang? Yet another reason my love for McNally's burns strong!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home