foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Korean Meat Coma

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Korean Meat Coma

M and I visited a friend last week who's been recovering from a freak accident. She's at Einstein rehab, and since this is near the hood of Ktown, we stopped by Kim's Restaurant for some korean bbq. M had never had korean food before, which surprised me. She's pretty adventurous when it comes to ethnic cuisine, so I only assumed that she was well versed.



It was fairly late when we got there (nearly 9) so the place was fairly empty. We decided to just get the spicy bulgogi (which is not really all that spicy). It came out quick, and the handy thing was that we didn't even have to cook it ourselves. Our waitress pretty much did all the work for us. So all we had to do was stuff food in our mouths. The plethora of banchan were ok. The radish kimchi was a bit too fermented, but the regular kimchi was pretty good. I really liked the seaweed dish.


And the meat? As usually, it was really good. And as usual, I stuffed myself into a meat coma. And when we left, we had korean bbq smell ingrained into every pore of our beings. Mmmm... This really is one of my favorite places in Philly for korean bbq. When my family gets a hankering and we are willing to drive a little, this is where we go.
Kim's Restaurant
5955 N 5th St
Philadelphia, PA 19120
(215) 927-4550

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home