foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Jonesin'

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Jonesin'

After the happy hour, I needed real food. I was fairly inebriated and needed nourishment. So we headed down the street to Jones. I hadn't been here in a gazillion years. I'm not sure when Jones opened, but that was the last time I was here, right after it opened. And I didn't remember anything about it, other than it was ok.



R got the matzoh ball soup. These matzohs were ginormous. She really enjoyed it. Oh yeah, you get some free bread too. Hot and fresh, pretty damn good.



They had a shrimp bisque special that night, so I partook. It was good. Nothing earth shattering, but still good. There was lots of it, that's for damn sure. It's a pretty big bowl.



R went crazy and got the thanksgiving dinner. You cannot tell from this picture, but this dish was also ginormous. She barely ate two bites.



I did not go crazy since I'd already gone crazy with crappy ginger cocktails, so I got the baked mac and cheese, which is an appetizer. This was HOT, and pretty good. I could see why lots of people rave about this. I had eaten so much bisque that I barely got to eat this that night. But it made for great leftovers.
The service was a bit too attentive that night. Our waitress was on us like white on rice, asking us how we were every 2 minutes. And 3 separate non-serving employees stopped by to ask how we were. Wednesday nights must be slow there.
And oh yeah, we got the red velvet cake for dessert, which was a special. And like a jackass, I totally forgot to take a picture... probably because it was so damn good I was overcome with the need to stuff my face, instead of grabbing my camera. Even the icing was good on it, and I'm not often into icing.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 11, 2008 at 5:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once ate at Jones with my friend Jones. The mac and cheese looks to die for. Next time get a shot of the red velvet ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home