foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Izenberg's Deli

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Izenberg's Deli

We stopped by Izenberg's Deli for lunch the other day. It's a jewish style deli with a small dining area in the back. I visited the one in Lafayette Hill, and there is also a King of Prussia location. They also do catering.



R got the bagel with lox. She wanted a plain bagel, but they were out of plain bagels. And yes, they call themselves jewish deli. So she got egg. Then she wanted another separate egg bagel with cream cheese, but that was the last egg bagel left. So they were out of plain and egg bagels. I found it all bizarre. Apparently, this whole running out of bagels thing is a regular happening at Izenberg's.

T got the Pennsylvania Special, which was grilled turkey breast on rye with bacon, melted Swiss, sliced tomatoes, Russian dressing, and came with french fries... and three pickles! The fries were good.


I got the hot pastrami sandwich on rye, which came with hot pastrami, chips, and no pickle! Not even one! The sandwich was alright, but I found the meat portion paltry compared to my other deli experiences (let's think Hymie's) and it was a bit on the too much fatty side. I expected better.

Service isn't the hottest here. We waited for way too long after sitting down before we got our menus and our drinks. But overall, I think it was alright. None of us got dessert, but I hear it's pretty damn good here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home