foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Festing In Napa

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Festing In Napa

On July 4, we decided to drive through the wine country. We figured it wouldn't be crowded since it was July 4th weekend, and we were correct! People warned us of traffic on weekends up here, but none was to be found. As we drove through downtown Napa, we discovered they were having a little outdoor festival. You know what that means. Festival food!
Uh... hello fresh roasted corn on the cob! I want me one of these here machines for my house. These were cooked amazingly well. I don't like corn when it's overcooked and mushy. I like the kernels to pop when I bite into it!
The pulled over husks proved to be the perfect holders for these giant ears of corn. And they dipped it into a vat of melted butter first. Heaven! And let me tell you, this was the most amazingly sweet corn, ever.
As we kept on walking, we saw people with giant turkey legs. Oh my. It brought back memories of renaissance faires and amusement parks. Turkey legs are the best parts about them!
So you know, we had to get one. This is the jumbo. Gah. It was slow smoked and grilled. So it tasted like ham. Yeah, seriously, like a big ham on a stick. I'm not gonna lie to ya, it was delicious. And I'll do it again. We didn't plan on only eating food you had to hold with your hand and then hunker down on to, it just ended up that way. That's how the best food is eaten anyway. With yer mitts and tearing into it with your choppers.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home