foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Trails End - Meat Fest 09 Begins

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Trails End - Meat Fest 09 Begins

So knowing that I was going to Oklahoma, I did some digging into what I could eat. I already knew Sonic would be in my plans, as Sonic originated in Oklahoma. Wherever I looked, it seemed clear that Oklahoma would be a meat-filled adventure. I read some good reviews about this Trails End place, so I picked up some meat to go on my way to Bartlesville from the Tulsa airport. The place is real low-key and homey, there's absolutely no pretention in this place. It's all about the food. Check out the amazing ceiling fixtures. Are those wagon wheel lights? A fixins bar with onions, peppers, and pickles. Yeeha!
I got some sliced brisket and some ribs. You get to pick three sides so I went with the baked beans, cole slaw, and corn on the cob. You also get texas toast and a healthy heaping of their bbq sauce.
Look at that delicious smoked and slow cooked meat.... Everything was good, except the beans. They were pretty blah. I really enjoyed the cole slaw. The slaw down here is vinegar based, and not mayo based. The corn wasn't sweet, but it's not quite corn season yet. The ribs were fall off the bone and tasty. The brisket was nice and juicy. They use a dry rub and don't sauce the meat at all, it's all up to you how much sauce you want to use. Their bbq sauce was super tangy and super sweet, and I loved it. It's some of the best bbq sauce I've had in a long time. Plus, the people who work there were super nice and friendly. It pays to do some online research first!

Trails End
8888 N Garnett Rd
Owasso, OK 74055
(918) 272-7427‎

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home