foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Taco Hankering

Monday, March 16, 2009

Taco Hankering

On sunday, I needed me some tacos. And so, we cruised on down washington ave to Taqueria Veracruzana. I like this place a lot, and have for many years. It's probably been over a year since I've been here though. I'd missed it.

The place is deceiving from the outside. It makes you think it will be dumpy inside, but it's actually quite cute. Small, but cute. And brightly colored, too. They always have mexican music videos on. I tend to order the same thing each time - tacos. They come 3 to an order, and although I've never mixed and matched, I'm pretty sure you can. We got an order of the tacos al pastor and one of the steak. Both sets delicious. They come the mexican way, on a corn tortilla with raw onions and cilantro, and some lime wedges. But it doesn't really get better than this. And as always, I got a side of beans and rice. You can usually split this between 2-4 people. It's a big ass bowl of beans and rice. And you get free chips and salsa too, which is always good. Both the green and the red sauces are delicious, in their own way. And they have real mexican sodas, in bottles, that are made with proper sugar and not high fructose corn syrup. I remember them being cash only before, but they take credit cards now, which is pretty freakin exciting.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home