foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Makin' Egg Salad

Monday, March 2, 2009

Makin' Egg Salad

I really like egg salad. I've never made it before in my life, but I've eaten plenty. The best egg salad, in my humble opinion, is at Izenberg's. It's got big hunks of egg, without celery, and is zesty and generously portioned. J cooked up some eggs and he wanted egg salad, so I did a little research to see what I could come up with. I came across tons of recipes and just consolidated and made up my own. It's my first time, so it could have been better, but it still turned out quite well for a first try. Next time, I'll experiment a bit more to make it more zesty.

Egg Salad:
6 hard boiled eggs
3 Tbsp mayo
1 Tbsp mustard (used Trader Joe's organic yellow mustard, but suppose any would do)
dash of lemon juice
dash of cider vinegar
black pepper
paprika

I peeled the eggs and separated the yolks from the whites. Then I roughly cut up the whites, leaving them in bigger hunks. I mashed the yolks and mixed in the mayo and mustard and all other ingredients. Then I folded the whites back in. Voila. I knew it wasn't hard to make egg salad, but I just didn't realize how easy it was. I think I'll be doing this much more often. So I hope to have the perfect recipe during one of my future experiments.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 12, 2009 at 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to try this, I love me some eggs!

 
At March 16, 2009 at 10:30 PM , Blogger EFG said...

add some chopped up pickles for zest.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home