foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Non-Kobe Kobe

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Non-Kobe Kobe

When doing a little research for my trip, I found that there was an H Mart near the mall in the neighborhood. This was exciting since I knew there would be a cool food court in there. It was even more exciting when I found out there was a Beard Papa's there. But more on that later.

So one of the places in the food court is Kobe. It's a tonkatsu shop. Here's my idiot moment of the day. I didn't realize that the place was called Kobe, so when I started reading the menu, I saw an item that was called the kobe. And I asked why it's called kobe when it's made of pork, and not kobe beef. She just said that's what it's called, but it didn't make sense to me. It wasn't until I was leaving that I realized that the shop was called Kobe. Der.

Along with my kobe, which is pretty much the standard pork tonkatsu, came some miso soup. There's nothing like a hot bowl of miso soup to warm you up on a cold day.
For whatever reason, they usually serve tonkatsu with shredded cabbage. I don't know why they do this, but I'm glad they do. I, for one, love me some raw shredded cabbage. Sure, it doesn't really have much flavor, but there's something about the crunch that I really dig. The pork cutlet itself was good, but I did not really care for their sauce. It was a bit too strong and not sweet enough for me. I think I've gotten used to the tonkatsu and the sauce from the place in my local H Mart, so when I tasted this one, I was disappointed. I'm sure it would be fine for most people, but for me, I didn't care for it. Just a hint of it was ok, but not too much.

Kobe Wellbeing Tonkatsu
3301 184th St SW (In the H-Mart Food Court)
Lynnwood, WA 98037

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home