foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Anthony's - Dining By The Water

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Anthony's - Dining By The Water

For my first full day in the burbs of Seattle, my new boss and his wife took me into Kirkland (home of Costco!) to eat on the water at Anthony's. Kirkland is a fairly large suburb and has mad shopping and dining. We were in a fairly bustling area, and just driving through, there were countless eating options. Kirkland, I'm a bit jealous of you.

For those of you that have visited the pacific nw, Anthony's operates a couple of different flavors of seafood restaurants. It seems to be pretty exclusively in the pacific nw, so sorry to those of you not living here or visiting. I went to an Anthony's once in Oregon years ago. This particular anthony's in Kirkland is on the water, so you an see all the boats docked and see across the water to all the lit up buildings in Seattle. It's a seafood joint, and whence you're in Seattle, you should definitely partake of the seafood, or at least that's my philosophy. It's a fairly upscale place, but not snooty. We weren't super dressed up or anything.

I've been on a scallop kick lately, so I went with the scallops. I was expecting maybe 3 big grilled scallops, but instead, I got a bunch of little ones, that were peculiarly battered. I did not expect batter on the scallops at all. We were all surprised. The rice had golden raisins in it. I'm usually not into raisins, especially not in rice, but I didn't mind these at all. But I ate them separately, so that's probably why. The beans were lovely. Overall, it was good, but the scallops were a bit too buttery. Yes, I said it, too buttery. As if that's a bad thing, but in this case, it was a little bit too much butter!
I was pretty much overstuffed from just my entree, but they had this crazy thing called "slump" on the dessert menu. And to top it off, it was huckleberry. I'd never had huckleberry in my life, so I had to try it. Huckleberry grows best wild in the pacific nw, so I ended up seeing it several times on various menus during my visit. Other than this trip, I'd never encountered it before. It pretty much tastes like blueberry, but a bit sweeter. And what is slump? It's just another name for cobbler, and I love me some cobbler. We asked the waitress how big the slump was, and she made it seem tiny. Then we ordered it and it was huge. It could so easily have been shared by at least 2, if not three people. I barely made a dent in mine! Service was quite good, the view even better.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home