foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Pho On A Frozen Day

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pho On A Frozen Day

This weekend was a particularly frigid one. We wanted to go to NYC for the day for my birthday, but the freezing ass temperatures put the kibosh on it. As much as I like wandering around the streets of new york, I don't like doing it in sub freezing temperatures. So with that plan on hold, we stayed in town and stopped by Pho & Cafe Viet Huong for some steamy vittles. I was in the mood for some spice, so I went with the pho bo kho. It was just what I wanted. I just wish there was more stewed meat in it and less joint/knuckle stuff. I know plenty of people who enjoy eating the knuckley jointy bits of the cow (and by plenty of people I mean my mom, her friends, and my grandmom), but it doesn't really do it for me. It's just kind of gelatenous and flavorless. I'm much more into the fleshy bits.
J got a ho fun with beef and vegetables dish. He was hoping for more veggies beyond just onions and sprouts. It was still good, but when someone reads vegetables, they imagine perhaps some broccoli, maybe a carrot or two. Maybe another time.

Something intrigued us during this visit. While we were eating, we kept hearing this "ding dong" doorbell type sound every so often. Not all the time, not on a regular interval, but just occasionally, randomly, a ding dong. We couldn't see anything directly causing the ding dong, nor could we see anything happen as a direct result of the ding dong. Unless someone can enlighten us, it shall remain a mystery.

Pho & Cafe Viet Huong

1110 Washington Ave # 2A
Philadelphia, PA

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At January 22, 2009 at 10:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

they ring a bell everytime someone orders the knuckle soup

 
At January 23, 2009 at 5:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bell is to let the waiters know that the food is ready in the kitchen for service to the tables.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home