foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Pumpkin Cafe

Monday, September 29, 2008

Pumpkin Cafe

Pumpkins are everywhere in Philadelphia these days. There's Pumpkin, the BYOB. There's Pumpkin Cafe, a little eat-in and take-out cafe. And there's Pumpkin Market, the cute little local produce and goods market across the street from the Cafe. Don't let the signs fool you, they switched and forgot to change them. The market is the cafe, and the cafe is the market.

We ate at the cafe the other day for lunch. There's a few little tables outside and a few little tables inside. It seems like it's more of a take-out place. I'd been wanting a smoothie, so I got one. It was just ok. Too tart. I also got a meatball sandwich, which was great. It was a bit strange in that it didn't come on a long roll, but a kaiser type roll, but it was good nonetheless. J got some kind of chicken sandwich (sorry I forgot, and I didn't feel like taking pics) and an iced coffee. They have simple syrup for iced drinks here, so a big check in the positive category in my eyes.
One of these days, I'll actually have to go to the BYOB. I've heard very good things about it. And if it's anything like the cafe or market, I'm sure it will be good.

Pumpkin Cafe
1609 South Street
Philadelphia, PA, 19146
(215) 545-1173

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home