foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Newtown Square Produce Institution

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Newtown Square Produce Institution

For as long as I've lived in these fine united states, I've been doing some of my produce shopping at Gentile's Market. It's a family owned joint in Newtown Square that's been there for eons. I used to go there all the time when I worked in Newtown Square. But now, not so much, so I cherish it everey time I go. Absolutely nothing has changed about this place, except that now the cash registers are computers. Otherwise, still the same old Gentile's. Oh, this fancy sign is fairly new too. See this Frank's soda machine? Yep, it's the same one that I got grape soda out of when I was in elementary school. It's still there. Despite the oldness of some of the items there, their produce is quite fresh and rocks. I'm never disappointed.
I got some jersey white corn and peaches that day. Good golly miss molly they were both good. Sometimes I miss working or living so close to it. For all your produce needs, you need no other. They also have a decent selection of breads, milks and juices, and condiments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home