foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Pioneer Penne

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Pioneer Penne

Being homebound most of the week, I got inspired to cook a little. So I tried out this penne recipe from Pioneer Woman. I took a bit of creative license... added some sweet peas (organic ones from trader joe's) and some diced tomatoes (probably will leave these out next time). I also used chicken stock instead of the wine.


It turned out great! It didn't really turn out anything like her recipe, and like some of the commenters said, it wasn't very thick and rich or chunky. It ended up being quite light, and dare I say, healthy? Yeah, I know it had cream in it and all, but it was quite light. It was a huge batch, so I ate it all week. And it tasted even better as leftovers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home