foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Within Walking Distance - West LA

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Within Walking Distance - West LA

I arrived in LA on Monday, after taking an ungawdly early flight. Oh yeah, $5 breakfast box on United... blah. I wasn't feeling particularly go-getter for lunch, but it was unbelievably warm outside (or even hot) so I decided to go for a stroll and grab some vittles near the office.


I stopped by Lemon Moon, which is in this big office space nearby, because I'd been there before and liked it, and because I could easily walk to it. The place is big and bright and airy and very happy. They have a proper menu of hot foods, but they have tons of cold salads to-go, which are easy and quick.

I've never eaten inside or outside of this place, but I think the best thing is the outdoor dining. Even though it's on a busy street, there's plenty of foliage strategically placed to make you think that you're in some woody sanctuary, and not off the street in West LA.


I got some vermicelli salad and a kiwi lemonade. The lemonade didn't taste very kiwi-y. It had the faintest hint of kiwi. In reality, it was just plain lemonade.


I like this rice vermicelli quite a bit. It's light and fresh and has big simply cooked shrimp... and is loaded with veggies, eggs, and a light sauce. I'm a big fan. I want to figure out how to make this. They also give you two honkin pieces of some sourdough bread, which was also quite good. It's a quick, simple, and tasty lunch.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 28, 2008 at 8:10 PM , Blogger Dave Hong said...

delish!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home