foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Assi Food Court

Friday, October 2, 2009

Assi Food Court

It got pretty cold in the middle of the week, so I got in the mood for hot noodle soup. Particularly hot and spicy soup. So I dragged H/A to Assi's food court to get me some korean noodles. There's a variety of korean food to choose from, as well as a bit of japanese.
H/A got some kitsune udon. He said that ever since we went Mitsuwa and I got the kitsune udon there, he'd been wanting to get some for himself. The portion sizes at the japanese spot at Assi is nice and big.
H/A likes to order two entrees. He just does. So he also got a bulgogi platter. It came with a giant plate of rice, and some banchan. The kimchi was ok, the radish kimchi was weird, and the black bean dish was too salty, not enough sweet. The soup was good too.
I wanted my hot korean noodle fix, so I got a nice big bowl of jjamppong. It's a dish that originated in china, but it's been quite koreanized. It's one of my favorite korean dishes of all time. This wasn't the greatest jjamppong around, but it really hit the spot. The noodles are usually thick and hand pulled, but these were just some boring thick spaghetti type noodles. There certainly could have been more seafood in it. Not exactly what I wanted, but you know, sometimes, you take what you can get. I still enjoyed it! It looks like a big bowl of red death, but it's not too spicy. Spicy, but not too much so.

Assi Plaza Food Court
1222 Welsh Rd
North Wales, PA 19454
(215) 631-9400

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home