foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Hartford Hotel Lunch

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hartford Hotel Lunch

Headed up to Hartford on Friday to go to a family wedding. It was a long drive. There was no breakfast. Needless to say, by the time we got to the hotel, I was beyond starving. The Crowne Plaza Hartford has Bistro Z, a fusion spot. I could have cared less what food they served. I would have eaten cardboard at this point.
Some spicy tuna rolls. For a hotel restaurant, these were super cheap! And pretty darn tasty, considering. The hotel is apparently owned by koreans, and the executive chef of this joint also seems to be korean. It's sort of obvious, because these spicy tuna rolls tasted korean! What do I mean by that? They had the flavor of gochujang, which is the korean red pepper paste. It has a distinct taste, and these spicy tuna rolls definitely had that flavor. And that flavor was good!
I also had a bowl of clam chowder. I know, random selections, right? This was ok. It had some decent clammage, so I can't complain, but it was also a bit heavy on the celery side, and I can't stand celery. But I easily avoided those and enjoyed this. For hotel food, not bad at all!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home