foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: The Great Burger Taste-Off of 2009: Elevation Burger

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Great Burger Taste-Off of 2009: Elevation Burger

My internet was down for nearly 4 days recently. While most people might just deal with that, it was very hard for me. For one thing, I work from home, so it's kind of necessary. For another thing, I have a business account, and one would think they would give a crap about a business account being down. So yeah, Verizon Fios Internet, you can officially suck it. At one point, it pissed me off so much that I went and ate a burger. Yep, it drove me to a burger. Not that I wouldn't just go eat a burger, but it's just not something that I do regularly. It has nothing to do with health. I just only want burgers when I want them.
Elevation Burger has been open right near my house for only a short while now. It's a chain that serves only organic, grass-fed, free-range beef. And their fries are cooked in olive oil. What's good is that despite these better ingredients, it's not at all more expensive than the other burger chains (think Five guys). I just got a cheeseburger. You can pick any topping for free, except blue cheese, that's extra. I loaded mine with caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato, and mayo. Nothing too exciting. I would have loved sweet peppers but they didn't have any. They offered me their hot pepper relish to try. It was really spicy and not very good. The burger comes on a potato roll.

So what was the verdict? I liked it. I wasn't blown away or anything, but it is a good burger. The meat isn't obviously better tasting to me (I can't tell the difference between this patty and a five guys patty), but it is a good burger. The caramelized onions are amazing, but they need to put more of them on! The portion was a bit puny. The fries? I wasn't a big fan. The olive oil makes the fries soggy. And gives them a slightly strange flavor. I prefer a crispier fry. And a less greasy fry. For a local burger spot for me, this is now my go-to spot.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At August 28, 2009 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Gaetano said...

Are the potatoes in the pic cooked in olive oil? They look like the coated potatoes engineered to stay crisp no matter when they were cooked.

I enjoy Five Guys while I'm eating it. Soon though it's a full on fat food coma that I'll regret for too long to make it worthwhile.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home