foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Saxbys - More Than Just Coffee

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Saxbys - More Than Just Coffee

Some of you may have noticed a new coffee chain popping up all over philadelphia - Saxbys. They're a local chain that is trying to compete with starbucks. I've started to see them all over. They recently opened a fairly large location in Ardmore. It looks like a big old house, I'm not sure what it was before Saxbys took over. It's Saxbys Coffee, but dude, they have so much more. Not only do they have coffee of all kinds, they also have smoothies, frozen yogurt, salads, and sandwiches, breakfast items, and desserts. Really, everything you could ask for. And the place is really large, so there's tons of seating, including some comfy leather chairs. If you're thirsty or hungry, there's bound to be something you want. They have hot coffees, iced coffees, tons of crazy flavored lattes, frozen lattes, teas, juices, and smoothies. I would never have guessed there would be so much stuff here. Never ever. I just thought they sold coffee. We both got some of the flavored lattes, iced. A got a caramel macchiato and I got a british islander. They were pretty darn good. The cups they use for the iced coffees are made from corn and fully biodegradable and compostable. I find this to be very cool. In fact, a lot of their stuff seems to be green. Kudos to them. It's not cheap here. They're obviously competing with starbucks so you know it's going to have starbucks price tags. I like this place. It's comfortable without being snooty. And I like the variety. Even though variety can be bad, as I am horrible at making decisions. I'll do my part to help a local chain out.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home