foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Le Bus

Monday, March 30, 2009

Le Bus

We made an unexpected jaunt to Manayunk for a late brunch. Do you know this Le Bus? Can you believe I've never been? I know they bake bread, and that's about all I knew about the place. I've seen long lines there before during brunch hours. The place is pretty big on the inside, and was mighty crowded.
E got a turkey burger. Dude, so tasty. This was a well made turkey burger blended with celery, onions, shallots, garlic, scallions, and peppers. And man, do all those ingredients make for a delicious little burger. I wish I had ordered this.
C got the chicken salad platter. She wasn't too crazy about this. It was pretty bland. It came with some sliced sour apples, and these apples were terrible. Super sour, so much that they weren't really edible. What's the point of even including these?
I think this was the colorado chicken salad. Grilled chicken, grilled corn, lettuce, tomato, blue cheese, and asparagus. What a great salad, other than the evil blue cheese. J commented that the one thing that would have made the salad perfect was if they'd grilled the asparagus. And we all wholeheartedly agreed. If you're going to have grilled chicken and corn, why not go all the way and grill the asparagus too. I mean it tasted fine, but it was just plain cold asparagus. It would have been that much better if they were grilled.
I actually ordered one of the specials of the day, which was a bbq chicken sandwich. It was a whole grilled chicken breast with cheese, bacon, and bbq sauce on top. It was good! The bbq sauce was really great, I should have asked them what kind it was. I asked for sweet potato fries cuz you know I love them. One thing E and I couldn't figure out was what this mysterious white sauce was that got served with the sweet potato fries. It wasn't mayonnaise, it wasn't sour cream, it wasn't horseradish, we just couldn't figure it out. It ended up being wasted on both of us.

Our waitress was spacey. Like seriously spacey. Her eyes were out of control, and she kept saying everything was awesome. But then later on she said she'd been working since 5AM, so maybe she had a right to be a bit spacey. I liked this place. If I end up in Manayunk again, I could certainly eat here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home