foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Late Night Eats in Manayunk

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Late Night Eats in Manayunk

Friday night was the first nice day/night out in... oh... months. So what to do? First Friday! We hung out a bit, and then ended up at National Mechanics. We didn't eat there, but I have eaten there before, but I don't remember it at all. I think I vaguely recall nachos. They had chicken on them? But I do like the place. It's different, in a good way.

After a night of shenanigans, R was feeling peckish and wanted to go to a diner. I was still feeling pretty crappy so I didn't really care. There aren't many late-night options, so we somehow ended up at the Manayunk Diner. Never imagined I'd ever eat here. It's big and multi-levelled... they even have wifi! Ha!

R went with her diner food and just general favorite food of choice - lox and bagels. I've never seen anyone so in love with lox and bagels. I've never actually officially tried it. I really should see what all the fuss is about. I've eaten plenty of bagels and plenty of smoked salmon, just not together. Although I'm not that into smoked salmon, but I will try it soon.


I went with the blintzes with apple topping. Screw the apple topping! It came from a can and was heated up, but they were fairly blech. The blintzes themselves were good, although because I was sick and stuffed up, I really didn't taste much. That's kinda been the worst part of being sick. I really don't care about the feeling crappy and the phlegm and the sniffling. What sucks is not being able to taste food. Ugh.

There are crazy random characters hanging out at the Manayunk Diner after hours. But what do you expect? The service was quite fine and really, their dessert case looked pretty frickin good!

Manayunk Diner
3720 Main St
Philadelphia
215-483-4200

1 Comments:

At April 13, 2008 at 4:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might be part Jewish because I am mad for lox and bagels. Try it. You'll dig it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home