foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Random Bites

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Random Bites

At work, there are very few places to eat, at least within walking distance. Downtown Conshy has a few decent choices, but down where we are, there are only a few options. One is the Mona Lisa Cafe, which is next to one of the bigger office buildings. It's not that exciting of a place. I had the chicken quesadillas there the other day, and it wasn't half bad! I was quite pleased.


For Wednesday's lunch, we had another new and interesting one, made-to-order stir fry from a catering company. I was quite leery of an american catering company making stir fry. It wasn't anything special, as I couldn't really put my finger on what flavoring it was. Let's just say it was "asian" or "oriental". It wasn't bad though, as I got to pick my meat of choice, and I picked shrimp. They were big and pretty good. The fried rice was pretty blah and and egg roll was pretty bad. It was all weird and soggy and had big chunks of mushy vegetables. However, the fortune cookies they served were some of the best I've ever had. So fresh and crunchy. Yum.



The other night, I tried out some Trader Joe's eats - chicken masala and garlic naan, both from the freezer aisle. The chicken wasn't bad, it was a bit watered down though. It comes with brown rice which didn't do it for me. When I eat indian food, I just expect basmati rice. It would have been much better with just normal basmati rice. The brown rice, especially since it was frozen and then nuked, was quite soggy. Now the naan! It was so good! Yes, it's frozen, but after you heat it up in the overn for just a few minutes, it really does taste fresh! Like it just came out of whatever oven naan is normally made in. I will definitely be buying the naan again! I could eat it just by itself.


1 Comments:

At April 24, 2007 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Sue said...

I just found your blog. I love that you love to eat and write about it. Some of that stuff looks oh-so-good. That pizza with the spiral of sauce looks awesome and I wanted to dig in to that eggplant. Keep eating and telling us about it.

Check out my blog at www.foodnetworkmusings.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home