foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Above 70

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Above 70

Today was unusually warm, and above 70 degrees for the first time in 2007. So like everyone else who got so excited about it, I ended my evening with a trip to the local Rita's. As I was on my way home, my friend K called and asked if I wanted anything from Rita's. She had just left her house to get to Rita's, and I would pass it on my way home. So it all just worked out.



There was a big line, of course. I went with half tangerine and half Alex's Lemonade. The tangerine was pretty good, and had real chunks of tangerine rind. A bit surprising at first, but full of flavor. The lemon, eh, was a bit bland. Sorry Alex. K went with wild black cherry and lemon, and man, am I ever glad she got that wild black cherry. It was amazing. There was such a rich and deep flavor about it. It tasted like a really excellent black cherry soda. Note to self, next time get a whole wild black cherry one.


I'm not the biggest fan of Rita's, as I think their flavorings taste a bit artificial, but it's handy in that it's all over the place and easy to locate when you're hankering for water ice. I have a friend who is from Philadelphia but moved to Austin to open a water ice shop - Jim-Jim's Water Ice. That takes balls! I hope you have a great season this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home