foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Memorable food names

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Memorable food names

I was in a colleague's office today when I noticed a bagged snack on his desk. It was reddish with some black and I asked him "is that poppycock?" Yes, I uttered these words. To an Assistant Vice President. They weren't Poppycock after all, they were Lay's potato chips. But some how, I'd thought they were just from a slight sideways glance at the packaging. Now what's even more bizarre is that I don't know that I've ever even eaten Poppycock! I'm pretty much a Cracker Jack kind of girl. I love Cracker Jack more than probably anyone else out there. Some people tell me I have a Cracker Jack problem. I've been known to eat it for lunch or dinner. As a meal.

So the fact that I'd recognized their red and black packaging as Poppycock was strange enough. But the fact that I knew the packaging even though I'd never eaten it was even stranger. But not as strange as the name Poppycock itself. Seriously folks, what marketing geniuses came up with this stuff? Probably the same people who named a hamburger chain Fuddruckers.


Sometimes I really worry about what's stored in the deep crevices of my noggin. Now I really want some Cracker Jack...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home