foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: No pressure, but it's your inaugural blog post...

Thursday, January 25, 2007

No pressure, but it's your inaugural blog post...

I'm a live to eat girl. I eat what I want, when I want, as much as I want. I don't read nutritional information, I don't follow portion sizes, I don't stop eating just because I feel full. I've lucked out in the gene and metabolism categories, so for now, I'll continue to gorge.

I didn't always start out that way. Apparently, when I was little, I would never eat my mother's cooking. And since that was my main source of food, I didn't eat much. Everyone was worried I would stay scrawny and not ever grow. But take me out to eat or to a meal prepared by anyone other than my mother, and I ate like a sumo wrestler. Go figure.

Since I come from a Korean family, and perhaps it is an Asian thing, I grew up with most things in life revolving around food and eating. When eating breakfast, we would talk about what lunch would be. And same with lunch and what dinner would be. Every gathering was all about food. I suppose I was raised to be way too into food.

I started this blog to just jot down my constant thoughts about food. I may talk about what I ate on a particular day. Or I may review a restaurant. I may try out a new food item/product/gadget and muse upon it. If I cook something and it turns out well, I'll share a recipe. Who knows? Let's just roll with it. I'll try to post pics too, but I can't promise that this blog will be photo-heavy. I'll try my darndest. And don't poo-poo me if I occasionally go off on a non-food related topic. We all fall off the wagon sometimes.

When I had to come up with a name for this blog, I came up with foodzings. Which if I spelled it "correctly" should be foodsings, but then some confused soul may thinkI was referring to singing vegetables. My musings about food. Or better yet, my muzings about food, my foodzings. LET'S GRUB!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home