foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Pabbit!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Pabbit!

After enjoying probably one of the last hot days of the year, we worked up quite a hunger. So we met up with J and S and headed to Pub & Kitchen. You know, the place with the pabbit logo. Pig and rabbit. By dinner time, it'd finally cooled down, so we got a table outside. The temperature was perfect, but unfortunately the bugs were out. The sangria. Strong, and expensive. J's salmon. Seared on the outside and still mostly raw on the inside. Served on top of wax beans. J absolutely positively cleaned this plate. Squeaky clean. It's impressive. J's burger. It is presented quite beautifully. With caramelized red onions and a perfectly sized piece of bibb lettuce. He couldn't stop raving about it. He absolutely loved it. S and I both got the meatloaf special. The meatloaf was ok, but it had big hunks of carrots in it. A big no no for me. And not much flavor. And the green beans had a mustard sauce, with whole mustard seeds. Another no no for me. But the potatoes and gravy were pretty good, although it needed more gravy. Overall, ok meatloaf, but nothing I'd order again. Service was fine. I think the menu is a little limited, so it'd be great if they could add some more things to the menu. But I would definitely come back here.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At September 18, 2009 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Gastronomer said...

I ate here last Saturday night and wasn't too impressed because my burger was overcooked. Also, I thought it was strange how every room had a flatscreen TV. Why do Philadelphians love gastropubs so much?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home