foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Not So Good Thai

Monday, June 29, 2009

Not So Good Thai

When I travel, whether it's for business or pleasure, you know my ass is going to plan eating at certain places. I always do some amount of food research! When in North Carolina you have to eat bbq. So I decided to go to Little Richard's. Lo and behold, they're closed on Sundays. Not just closed early, but closed all day long. I guess this is what I get when I cross the mason dixon on a Sunday. Suffice it to say, my growling belly was severely disappointed. So then in a starvation panic, I decided to just go to mcdonald's. As I turned into the driveway, I saw a little strip mall behind it and spotted a thai restaurant. So I just went there and ordered some food.

Well, I should have gotten mcdonald's. HA! Yeah, it wasn't very good. I haven't eaten too much thai food in my life, but I've eaten enough to know what's good and what isn't. And this just was not good at all. The tofu would have probably been ok, were they not cold by the time I ate them. That's not the restaurant's fault at all. But the noodles... well, these had so much potential, but they really failed.

It was the Pad Kee Maw - stir-fried fresh large rice noodles with mixed vegetables, eggs, and fresh basil leaves. I ordered it with the seafood combo. So this seafood was clearly from a frozen mix. The squid was teeny tiny, the crab was imitation crab sticks, the shrimps were scrawny and there were 3, and the scallops were flavorless. It was supposed to be a tamarind sauce but it just wasn't good. I just didn't care for it at all. And you'd think that since I was so damn hungry, that I would enjoy it anyway. Even when starving, I did not like it much. I ate some, but really, I was just disheartened. So much for hoping impromptu meal decisions would lead to good things. I was still hungry so I ended up eating some microwave popcorn that was in my hotel room. That was pretty good at least!

Sorry Cha Da Thai, but you're not going to get any love from me!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home