foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Chickenless Chicken Nuggets

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Chickenless Chicken Nuggets

The other day, I stopped by Trader Joe's to pick up some random stuff. While perusing the frozen food aisle, I noticed that they were out of so much stuff. I mean for real, their inventory replenishing system must have been on the fritz, because shizz just hadn't been replenished. It was kind of sad. I'd been wanting to try these soy nuggets because I heard they were good. And wouldn't you know it, they didn't have any. But I rooted around, and I found this one lone box of Chickenless Nuggets. I'm pretty sure that these are the same as the Soy Nuggets, just in different packaging and branding.
I popped these puppies in the oven and they came out hot and tasty. I enjoyed my fake chicken nuggets with barbeque sauce and honey mustard. Sure, they don't taste exactly like real chicken nuggets, but they're pretty darn close and still tasty. It's a nice veggie alternative, but I'm not going to tell you that they're better than the nuggets from Wendy's.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 23, 2008 at 8:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are different than the soy nuggets, and MUCH better. The Quorn brand is the best, though - Carlos will make some for you sometime. I'm not sure what he does but they are like deep fried real chicken!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home