foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: I Heard It Through the Crepevine

Friday, November 7, 2008

I Heard It Through the Crepevine

Ever driven from LA to San Francisco? Well, now I have. And I have to say, it's actually fairly easy. 6 hours, but it didn't seem that long at all. And the scenery isn't half bad either. So when we got to the bay area, we were famished, so we had to eat! I was being dropped off at Foster City, so I suggested stopping in Burlingame to get something to eat. After we parked the car, I asked a random stranger where we should eat, and she suggested the Crepevine. It's a fairly casual joint, which sells crepes, salads, sandwiches, and breakfast stuff. Their menu is written in giant colorful blackboards. There are a handful of Crepevines in California.We both got savory crepes. The tuscany crepe had chicken with mushrooms, tomatoes, roasted almonds, provolone, feta, and pesto. The bombay crepe had chicken with spinach, bell peppers, mushrooms and onions with a curry sauce. The tuscany crepe was great, even though I'm not typically into pesto. The bombay crepe had good flavor, but it was kind of filled with stuff I don't like, so I had to pick around lots of stuff. It was a bit of work. All crepes are served with a side salad and some home fries. These home fries were really herby and awesome. It was a nice meal after a nice ride.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home