foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: The Great Burger Taste-Off of 2008: BYOB at the Counter

Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Great Burger Taste-Off of 2008: BYOB at the Counter

There's tons of places to eat around LA, so it's been difficult for me to choose. Especially when it's always on me to pick. And I'm terrible with decisions. I thought I would like a burger, so we went to the Counter. It's a BYOB - build your own burger. There's even a paper form, and you fill it out with what you want on it.
They have milkshakes too, and I had to indulge in a banana one. Props on this shake, with actual real bits of banana in it.An order of half sweet potato fries and half onion strings, served with 3 different dipping sauces. J was all over the onion strings and I scarfed these sweet potato fries. They were so damn good.
My burger on the honeywheat bun had meat, along with grilled pineapple, grilled onions, lettuce, and tomato. There are tons of weird stuff you can put on it, but I'm fairly simple. My sauce of choice was sweet bbq. I've been loving having bbq sauce on my burgers lately. I liked my burger a lot, but it's hard to eat. They make the meat patties really high and fat, so it's quite difficult to fit the darn thing into your mouth. You can also get your burger in a bowl, and now, I can see why. I just have to say that their grilled onions were alone worth the price of admission.
J got the counter burger, which is one of their signature burgers. It's got provolone, fried onion strings, sauteed mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, with a sun-dried tomato vinaigrette. When we went, the place was packed. We sat at the counter so we didn't have to wait. People are crazy about their burgers, eh? While the food was good, it seemed way too pricey for let's face it folks, just burgers. But if you don't mind that, then go ahead and try it out. It's a chain, so who knows, you may find one near you yet.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home