foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Johnny Brenda's Pre Concert Grub

Friday, December 7, 2007

Johnny Brenda's Pre Concert Grub

On Saturday night, we went to a lovely lovely show at Johnny Brenda's. I've been there once before, but only to hang out and drink. This was my first time eating, as well as seeing bands in the upstairs venue. They don't have a printed menu, just chalk boards with the daily offerings. The place is owned by the same people who run Standard Tap, so the food is similar. It's definitely not your standard pub grub.



There's a long bar, and very few places to sit. There are some small high tops and only a few sit down tables. And it's usually quite full, so you just have to sneak in some bar space, which is what we did. We got an order of hummus, which came with warm and soft pita bread. Yum. And we both got the chicken kebab, which came on a whole piece of the same whole pita bread. While walking around earlier in the evening, I ran into a guy who was holding this, and the smell won me over, I had to have it. This thing was freakin good. I was pretty damn hungry, but even if I wasn't, I still would have loved it. And on a non-food related note, I think this is my new favorite music venue. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not having been to a show here earlier. Small and intimate, excellent acoustics, and just a good vibe.


Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 21, 2008 at 3:30 PM , Blogger william said...

Johnny Brenda's has a new dining room , with more booth and table seating.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home