foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Must Share Flight Story to Vegas

Monday, August 13, 2007

Must Share Flight Story to Vegas

This past weekend, I went to Vegas for a bachelorette party weekend. I know this is a food blog, but I must share my bad travel story. I'll interject pseudo food related anecdotes where I see fit. So some of you may have heard of a minor TSA incident in Charlotte Friday morning. Apparently, some dude bypassed the security screening and they spent all morning looking for him. They did not find him. So any flights that left Charlotte at that time had to have extra screening and inspection. And of course, my flight originated in Charlotte. Yey me. So that led to a delay getting out of Philly. And because they were delayed they didn't empty the toilets. So in the middle of our flight to Vegas, the toilets got full. Eeg. Seriously. Instead of just plugging along, they decided to stop in Denver to empty the toilets (this was supposed to be a non-stop flight). Folks, I can't make this up. They wouldn't let us off the plane as they cleaned the toilets. And yes, it smelled. Oh, by the way, I bought a snack pack on the plane. It had chips and salsa, cheese and breadsticks, a blueberry bar, and some nestle crunch candy. The chips and salsa were good, so were the cheese and breadsticks. The blueberry bar was crappy. The crunch candy too sweet for me. I was starving. Seriously. Because I was on a plane for about 8 hours without real food.

Eventually, I made it to Vegas, nearly 4 hours late. I love flying! Out of the 5 of us, two of us had delayed flights. Statistically, that's probably the norm. Since we were all starving, while getting ready for our first night out, we ordered in some deep fried goodies. Mozzarella sticks, fries, and onion rings. We were just trying to set up a nice base in the bottoms of our bellies for a drink-fueled night to come. More to report on the Vegas trip after this post. But unfortunately, my camera broke right after our dinner Friday night. So sad! So for the rest of my trip eats, I'll just have to describe the goodies. And we had such goodies!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home