foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Nonnie's Nightmare

Monday, June 1, 2009

Nonnie's Nightmare

After the delicious meat coma, I really wanted a nice refreshingly cool treat. Say, like ice cream. Not a bad idea at all. So we drove down to Nonnie's. This place is next to Bruno's and run by the same people, and it's a little ice cream shop. Seems harmless, eh? They have bassett's ice cream and they also have gelato and sorbettos. Seems very normal. Then the girl behind the counter sneezed right into her hands. Then R ordered a milkshake. Did she wash her hands? No. R didn't notice, but I did. This disturbed me so.

Then the piece de resistance. I was sampling a few of the sorbetto flavors with my little mini sample spoons. Just standing around and tasting. Then all of a sudden, the other girl walks into the joint. She then proceeds to spray Raid up to the ceiling, at this overhead flourescent light fixture where a bunch of little gnats had congregated. Indoors. Over her head. Which was over my head. Do you know what happens when you spray aerosol liquid into the air? Gravity takes over. Yes, it falls back down. Onto me. Onto my spoons. Onto anything below where she sprayed. I looked at her with horror. I looked at R with horror. I looked at the girl behind the counter with horror. The girl who sprayed just smiled at us, like she had done something good. Like she hadn't just sprayed bug spray onto me. I could not believe it.
Then I did something even more stupid. I ordered sorbetto. I think I had just been so dumbfounded that all my sense of logic went out the window. I should have ran, but instead, I ordered some lemon and passion fruit sorbet. To go. At least the ice cream is all enclosed in glass. It's a damn shame, my sorbetto was good! But I was pretty much horrified by the experience and I can never go back. In fact, I called the establishment the next day and told them what happened. The man I talked to agreed that it shouldn't have happened. But of course, he wasn't apologetic or anything. Maybe this is standard operating procedure for them. But it's not acceptable to me. I've had some bad service in my life, but I've never had Raid sprayed on me before. Let's f'in hope it never happens again! So heed my word, and just go somewhere else for your ice cream needs. Don't go to Nonnie's! Thank you.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At September 21, 2009 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Dave Hong said...

=O

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home